November 13, 2009
Friday night evolution
It's Friday night and here I sit. I'm not all that old - especially compared to some of the really wrinkly people I know. Just 5 or 6 years ago, on a Friday night like this, I would have been half way to the moon already. At the very least would have been getting ready to go tie one on.
Fast forward to tonight: we haven't left the house and the hi-light has been an absolute train wreck of an experiment with chocolate chip cookie dough. And it just so happens that my mother-in-law is visiting; she witnessed the whole baking debacle and is now highly skeptical of my abilities in the kitchen.
I'm not saying that I'd rather be out partying like a rock star. Far from it. When I'm home, with my wife, doing nothing but being - that's when I'm the happiest lately.
It is interesting how our priorities change as we get older. We begin to see things from a different perspective. We start to appreciate the wonderful things that we do have - those that are right in front of us.
Sure, I had my fair share of fun during my college years. But, the truth is that most of the time I was doing things I didn't need, with money I didn't have, to impress people I didn't even like.
Today, I'm more happy than I've ever been, sharing my life with the woman I love and living the life that I truly want to live - all on a Friday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment